2017 Awareness, Advocacy and Action Priorities
The Women’s Advocacy Coalition promotes gender equity and economic security for all, working over the long term for systemic change.
- We defend working Americans by proposing the minimum wage be raised to a livable wage and the enactment of tax credits to keep families out of poverty.
- We work for affordable access to health insurance and reproductive care.
- We support unpaid family caregivers through expanding the Family and Medical Leave Act and flextime.
- We promote firearm safety and freedom from violence.
- We seek a timely budget that responsibly addresses the needs of PA and a strong public educational system from pre-K through college.
- We build voter awareness and participation.